Parse.ly is looking for a detail oriented Financial Analyst to join our Operations Team. This role will have a wide variety of accounting and finance responsibilities including bookkeeping of recurring revenue streams, strengthening of current procedures, as well as reporting and projection activities. This position will also drive process improvements, and provide sound recommendations to support strategic business plans. You will also lead projects to sharpen cross-team efficiencies and enhance controls for the finance group and company as a whole.
The Finance Analyst will work directly with the Chief Financial Officer as well as our Business and Product teams to ensure our finances are handled as efficiently as possible while mindful of business growth and opportunities. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, solution-oriented, and eager to grow with the company.
What you'll do:
- Handle recurring revenue streams and facilitate monthly close, working closely with our Sales team, Success team, and 3rd party partner to ensure integrity.
- Manage accounts receivable, ensuring invoices/payments are sent out/received in a timely manner
- Maintain and enforce our customer contracts, assisting the Sales and Success teams when needed
- Track and compute compensation packages for OTE eligible employees (commission, bonus, etc) and provide recommendations to ensure we continue to offer competitive recognition
- Lead audit process, acting as primary liaison with the auditors and building strong relationships
- Analyze performance, providing insight into patterns and identifying anomalies
- Understand business plan & growth strategies, and work with teams to incorporate initiative impacts into day-to-day processes
- Identify and implement on-going process improvements and cost efficiencies for the organization
- Analyze key performance indicators to measure business and operational performance
- The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive but represent the general duties of this position. As the company continues to grow, so will the responsibilities of the role.
- 2-4 years relevant professional work experience, preferably in a tech, SaaS and/or startup environment
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or relevant experience
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills, with ability to turn findings into executable plans
- Detail-oriented combined with ability to see the big picture
- High integrity, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate excellent critical thinking skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change, willing to experiment
- Solid experience with Excel and accounting system
- Experience with QuickBooks Online, SaasOptics and/or Salesforce is a plus
Parse.ly is a venture-backed startup providing analytics to the web's best storytellers. We have a sales office in New York City and a fully distributed (remote) engineering team. We work with the best and biggest brands and sites across the world.
This position will be based in our New York City headquarters which features an amazing startup culture, a collaborative team, and awesome amenities!